Tuesday, February 15, 2011

RS Prisoner of Glouphrie Quest & Pottery Update

Since I forgot to write a post about last week's Prisoner of Glouphrie quest I'm going to comment on the last two weeks' worth of updates today.

First, I'd like to say I really enjoyed Prisoner of Glouphrie. No combat? Puzzles? Cool! I will admit I had to retreat to RS Wiki to get some of the color combinations right, but otherwise I didn't use a guide. The scene at the end where the full-grown gnome daughter spends like 900 minutes hugging her long-lost gnome father was also touching.


Plus, I got to plant an extra spirit tree! So now I have a shiny new tree in Brimhaven, in close proximity to the fruit tree patch there. The gnomes now make we want to laugh, as they look more like garden gnomes than they did before.

Another update that I didn't notice at first was that now you can toggle off the profanity filter. So now you can say words like "Shit" in game as well as websites. I'm all for not having my speech starred out on a semi-regular basis, but I can't help  but wonder if this is merely another symptom of whatever rot made the wilderness and free trade return. I don't think the world is going to end, but I have to wonder if the real reason for these changes is "cha-ching!" rather than "we have a mature audience."

Today's updates were also cool. I'm not sure how the urns are going to pan out, but I'm glad we'll be able to utilize demon ashes for more pray xp and the hidey-holes are cool. I no longer have to carry a crossbow and grappling hook to climb the shortcut from Catherby to Taverly on my daily farming run.  Not huge or splashy, but cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment