Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Awesomeness of Music

Maybe I'm so attuned to music because I spent a lot of my growing-up years listening only to acapella. My first real introduction to music was when we got my great-grandma's (Oma) old record player. It was a heavy-duty affair, with a space to store records and everything. We set it up in my dad's shop and my siblings and I would go in the shop to crank it up. And dance after our own fashion. To this day most dance moves elude me, and I tend to make it up as I go along.

When I dance. Normally I'm too lazy to.

But that aside, I suspect that maybe that's why I see and feel music as color and motion.

Trying to show in two dimensions what I see in five. It's...not accurate in the slightest
 I also have a hard time hearing people talk over music. I get to listening to the music, and it fills up the whole world.
When music fills up the whole world, it's hard for people's mundane voices to penetrate it.

 Which is why, if I go to a party that has music, I don't talk to people.

The reason I don't talk at parties without music is, well...

P.S. 100th post!

No comments:

Post a Comment