Thursday, February 3, 2011

League of Legends: Karma and New Bots

So League of Legends has released a new Champion. One that I actually felt compelled to buy. I realize a few years ago I'd be horrified at the thought of spending real money for a digital product but you know what? People change.

And isn't she pretty?

She's pretty much a support champ (as far as I can tell--still a newb at this game), and a little difficult for me to pick up. I haven't tried a real game yet but it's on my to-do list shortly. She seems to be quite versatile and I like how her R+Q heals her as well as any allies. LOML also showed me how to program a self-cast with her E, so now all I gotta do is run into the enemy mob and hit R+spacebar. Minions explodium, showers of gold, good times.

Speaking of the new bots...

Seems that the days are gone when I could play 2-3 practice games with an unfamiliar champion before achieving 0 deaths. Now it seems that I can't win unless I have a Sivir Bot on my team (and not on the other), and not necessarily even then. I should point out the third game from the top (with 14 kills) was one LOML played because I wanted to watch how he played Karma.

I found what seems to be a pretty good build from hypershatter's blog that he posted on this site. I used it for my last two Karma games, although I only got as far as starting on Banshee's Veil. It's probably the build I'll use when I finally get enough backbone time for a real game.

Here is a screenie I took of Karma in her Geisha skin (as LOML calls ).


I don't have a picture of her in her Mayan skin, which is unfortunate since that's my favorite one (Yes, I bought the bundle). So here is the wallpaper from Fearless Gamer:

P.S. If you haven't played LOL yet but think it might be an interesting game to try...send your email address to baconnbetelgeuse@gmail.com. I have this dim hope of referring enough people to unlock the Grey Warwick skin....

No comments:

Post a Comment