Tuesday, May 10, 2011

8 Realms Beta

I actually got into the 8 Realms beta, done by the makers of Runescape, which is the first time I've been in the beta of any game, so it is a new experience. Also, this is my first time playing a "social strategy" game. Sadly, I've only taken one picture of the in-game image, but here it is:


This is my first settlement in the Ancient Age. It looks quite different now (for one I'm in the Classical Age), but I can't take any more pictures on account of the server being currently crashed. It's happened quite a few times in the past few days and I've been reporting several bugs, but I guess that's why it's a beta. I don't get the "social" part of the game yet but I guess I'll figure it out sooner or later.

It's a good game to have open while working on homework or take-home finals or studying (like I've been) as it's not too demanding, for the most part. I've been a lovely strategist in that, when my armies get massive enough to cause a negative gold drain, I send them off to conquer some patch of resource and hope fewer of them return. Good times.

This game is a bit slow for my tastes, but if you play Farmville you might find this right up your alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment