Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Side Effect of Losing Weight

This past January when I went to the school's health center for my supply of ovulation-stopping pills, I weighed in at 171 pounds.

Now, that is precisely about 36 pounds more than when I arrived here in Hawaii in 2008. I saw a future of getting steadily fatter until I was horribly spherical in shape. Last January, all of my pants at the time had the unfortunate mishap to rip out the ass all within 5 weeks of each other. I did not want to go through that again. I had to buy all new pants, and I've mentioned how I hate clothes shopping.

Scary Thoughts.
I had already been eating my fruits and veggies like the doc recommended, and I decided to actually use the Student Life center I've been paying $75 per semester for, and starting using the gym there. I also badgered Roommate into taking walks with me on Saturdays.

Then I got sick, and found that food was this horrible, icky substance that made me want to throw up and/or have diarrhea.

A few days ago when I hopped on the scales at a friend's place (since I don't own one), I had dropped down to 159 pounds.

So far I'm feeling good about the weight loss, but I'm discovering that losing weight has some rather unfortunate side effects.

Namely, my pants are getting loose and trying to slip down my ass at random times. When I chose these pants a few months ago, I chose them to feel comfortable and to not be circulation-cutting tight.

Now I gotta keep pulling the bloody buggers up so my underwear doesn't show. I suppose I could get a belt, but right now my laziness is outweighing my modesty concerns.
Also, Scary Thoughts

Now I'm considering the consequences of losing another 10-20 pounds. At least a belt should be cheaper than a new set of pants, right?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Jamie! School has not been too kind to my waistline either....but I certainly appreciate the motivation to use the SLC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your weight loss! I'm a proud older sis!

    ReplyDelete