Tuesday, March 1, 2011

RS Behind the Scenes March & Elemental Workshop IV

Well, the past weekend has not been very kind to me. I skipped on Friday Night Magic so I could do some homework and clean house; Saturday I woke up feeling as though I had been stuffed full of and wrapped in dirty socks and then left to simmer in a hot air vent overnight. Since then, my weekend has been one chronically joyous cycle of fevers, extreme tiredness, racking coughs, and sleeping 14+ hours at a stretch. When I'm too tired to LoL, I know I'm not feeling good, but when playing RS tires me out, I have to be in a bad way.

I've been in a bad way.

I think I may be getting over it, though, as I didn't have to stop to nap while doing the Elemental Workshop IV quest, so I'm optimistic about finishing this post in one or two sittings. Admittedly, all this is only possible because I was intelligent enough to not try to go to school today; there's just no way I'd be able to get through seven hours of classes and four hours of work in one piece.

So, Runescape's BTS March is up, and it has a couple of decent-looking spots in it. Elemental Workshop IV
turned out to be not quite the brain melter it's predecessor was, and I actually found the first puzzle quite fun. The second puzzle was more of a grind, and I couldn't help but wish I could tell the creator of that machine that there are plenty of easier ways to tell a automaton what you want it to do. The rewards don't seem quite equivalent to the time it takes to do the quest (especially without a guide), but it's not half bad if you like smithing elemental gear.

Next promised update is called Artisan's Workshop, which is a Smithing update, although if it's THE long-awaited smithing revamp remains to be seen. It looks at though it promises some 70+ lvl training, which is good for me as my smithing is at 80.

Unless you've been living under a rock, there's another Bonus XP weekend coming up on March 11th to 13th. Check out this blog for rates and restrictions. My personal plan of action is going to be Herblore, crafting, and possibly agility/ summoning, in that order.

Ring of Wealth will be getting an update--about time! Finally we'll get to know when it actually activates, plus it will improve some standard drops. And it will be getting teleports! Not much else to say other than I might actually be making some D-rings for the first time in several years.

Trolls are getting some long overdue loving in the form of a graphical update. If they're anything like the trolls from the last dwarf quest (and they're supposed to be) they'll actually get to look more rocky and less like blocks of prehistoric Java programming.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life...A pirate quest? Must be an early birthday present for me! "A Clockwork Syringe"  promises zombies, seagulls, home insurance claims, and a first-ever Dungeoneering requirement. Hmmm...might be time to bring my Ex-ex parrot out of retirement for a little partying!

Well, this month looks good...two quests and a skill update...Bonus XP weekend...pretty sweet all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment