Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy New Year!

Since this is the first post of 2014, I get to use it to wish a happy new year, even if it's the 4th already. This is also the first 500 word chunk that I've written all year (yes, I've been slacking a bit). My new years was a success by my standards, and I didn't even have a hangover the next day, although my sleep schedule has remained wonky.


     I am, by nature, a night person. Years of 8 am classes, normal day jobs, and so forth have failed to fix that. Give me any length of time without a reason to be up during the day, and my schedule snaps back to getting up in the evening and going to bed after sunrise harder than a fresh rubber band.


     I also went to a New Year's Party, which, going to any sort of party in general is sort of rare for me. This party was made up mostly of people from my writers' group, so maybe it's not like a standard party. Meh. Food, booze, and Cards Against Humanity are good enough for me. Although in retrospect, champagne, Jim Bean, and Jello shots probably aren't the best thing to combine in large quantities. Not that I care. Past me already paid that price and if I do it again in the future that will be a problem for Future Me.


     The Story is currently sitting at 40,507 words, and is probably getting close to halfway done. I read through what's been put down, and my guess that it's going to get substantially longer during the editing process. The end is already written, and the midpoint, it's just filling in the other bits that will take time. Unfortunately, most journeys of a thousand steps don't mention what happens  after you take the first one.


     Again, ya'all have a happy new year, and I'll try to write a longer post next time!

P.S. Yes, I know this is more in the neighborhood of 300 words. Words are hard today.

No comments:

Post a Comment